North Face is a brand known across the world their excellent cold-weather and outdoor gear. The company has spent a lot of time over the years producing top-notch products and innovating new designs that have completely revolutionized winter apparel.
One product North Face is known for is their jackets. They make many different varieties of jackets for just about any weather or outdoor situation you could imagine. With so many options, it can be hard to decide which one to purchase. This guide will look at some of the North Face jackets on the market so you can decide which is best for you.
- The North Face Clement Triclimate Jacket is a great all-around jacket for nearly any condition and is sure to hold up well in whatever mother nature throws your way. This is a very versatile jacket, thanks to its unique 3-in-1 design that allows you to remove different layers according to your needs or to the conditions outside. It also has the classic North Face look and comes in a variety of colors.
- The North Face Venture 2 is another amazing jacket from the brand. This is a solid outer shell design that works well as a first line of defense against all weather conditions. The jacket is fully water-proof and wind-proof, and it is designed with both form and function in mind. The Venture 2 comes in many color options, and it is a great accessory for any skiers or outdoor enthusiasts.
- Another one of the best North Face jackets out there is the Carto Triclimate Jacket. This is another option built to adapt to any and all conditions as a result of its removable inner layer and outer shell combination. It’s fully water-proof, breathable, and is made from long-lasting nylon fabric. The jacket also features a zip-in compatible system so that it works with other North Face accessories.
Who Should Get This
If you’re a fan of the North Face brand, you will like any and all of the jackets listed here. These options work in a range of different conditions and will keep you warm no matter where you roam. Skiers, hikers, and outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the features and functionality of these North Face jackets. I particularly like the added zippers, pockets, and other useful features that come with the items.
Obviously, if you don’t like North Face gear, then you’ll want to look elsewhere for a jacket. While these are quality clothing items, they aren’t for everyone. Some people don’t like the look or fit of North Face apparel. All of these jackets are also on the expensive side, which makes them a no-go for people on a budget.
Best North Face Jacket: What to Consider
With so many North Face jackets out there, you always want to consider which model works best for your specific situation. Some people might only want a shell, while others might prefer a heavy, insulated down jacket. Triclimate options, which work for a range of situations, are available as well. Another design consideration of these jackets is that the zippers, drawstrings, and other additional features that come in each model.
Many North Face jackets are built with versatility in mind. This is one of my favorite aspects of the brand because it means each jacket is multiple built into one. Removable liners allow you to adjust the insulation of your jacket depending on the weather conditions, which makes it perfect for a range of situations. The pockets, zippers, and other built-in options also allow you to stash your gear in many different ways.
Many people like the look and feel of North Face jackets in addition to all of the functional features they have to offer. While I personally would always choose a jacket with functional considerations first and foremost, some people choose based on style. These North Face jackets offer the best of both worlds. That is what makes them such a great choice for the slopes, mountain, or backcountry.
Best North Face Jacket: Our Picks
The North Face Clement is a functional jacket that is versatile and comes with a sleek, attractive look. The 3-in-1 design allows you to customize the jacket for any environment, all you need to do is remove the inner layer, and the exterior is both water and windproof. That makes it the perfect accessory for any cold-weather adventure.
What we like:
- Versatile, 3-in-1 design
- Can handle any weather condition
- Built to last
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Classic North Face look
What we don’t like:
- Can be bulky in mild weather conditions
The Venture 2 is another great all-around North Face jacket option. This jacket has an outer shell design, which means you can use it as a stand-alone jacket or put on a warmer layer underneath if conditions get chilly. It has a solid construction built for years of steady use and comes in a wide variety of color choices.
What we like:
- Great all-around jacket
- Simple, sleek design
- Well constructed and durable
- Many color options
What we don’t like:
- Not as versatile as other North Face jackets
- Doesn’t include an inner shell
This jacket is another versatile, built-to-last option that will hold up under any weather condition. It has a comfortable fit and comes with all of the functions you would expect out of a North Face jacket. Both the shell and inner liner are water-proof-but-breathable, a feature that adds to the versatility.
What we like:
- Removable inner liner allows for versatility
- Great fit
- Zipper compatible with other North Face accessories
- Breathable, water-proof design
What we don’t like:
- Can run a little small in size
- Sleeves can be short for taller buyers
Useful Tips & Resources
North Face jackets make for a great investment if you spend any time in cold or winter weather. They are durable, insulated, and built to keep weather out. That being said, you should always try to take care of your jacket if you want it to last a long time. Be sure to follow these tips from North Face when it comes to cleaning and caring for yours.
North Face also offers a pretty good warranty on all of their products. While they won’t fix every issue you have, be sure to check in with the company if it is ever in need of repair.
North Face is a trusted brand that makes quality jackets. I have had more than one North Face over the years, and they have always lived up to the company’s amazing reputation. If you’re looking for a high-quality jacket to keep you warm and dry out on the slopes, the above models are the way to go.
Have you ever had a favorite North Face jacket? Do you remember what model it was? Let us know in the comments.